AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
BRICKLAYER build and repair walls, floors, arches, pavings, partitions, fireplaces, chimneys, smokestacks and other structures. They work with materials such as brick, stone, tiles, and glass blocks, as well as with masonry products, insulation, and membranes. They erect, install, maintain, repair and alter masonry structures ranging from simple masonry to ornate exteriors on multi-level buildings. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- General Masonry practices: performs substrate preparation, uses mortars, grouts and adhesives.
- Masonry Systems: builds masonry walls and surfaces.
- Natural Stone Systems: Builds natural Stone walls and installs cladding.
- Builds chimneys and fireplaces.
- Installs and maintains refractories and corrosion resistant materials.
- Restoration: rebuilds and repairs.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.