AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
CABINETMAKER builds, repairs, finishes and installs residential and commercial cabinets, wooden furniture and architectural millwork using a variety of woods, laminates and other products. Cabinetmakers read drawings and prepare layouts. They set up and operate both power and computerized woodworking equipment to machine wood products and composite materials. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Machines components: stationary and automated equipment.
- Forming and Laminating wood and composite materials.
- Applies veneers and laminate sheets.
- Assembles cabinets and furniture.
- Prepares Surface and finishing wood products.
- On-Site assembly and installation.
- Creates and restores decorative woodwork.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.