AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
CARPENTER construct, renovate and repair residential, civil, institutional, commercial and industrial structures made of wood, steel, concrete and other materials. They can work for many employers, including new home builders and renovation firms, construction firms, building owners, property managers and tenants, building developers and government departments. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Planning and Layout to organize work.
- Constructs formwork, installs concrete, cement and epoxy.
- Constructs ceiling, roof, floor, deck and wall systems.
- Installs exterior doors and windows, roofing and exterior finishes.
- Applies wall, ceiling, stairs and flooring finishes.
- Performs renovation-specific activities.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.