AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, ON, PE, QC, SK
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
CONSTRUCTION CRAFT WORKER work mainly on construction sites. Their tasks include site preparation and cleanup, setting up and removing access equipment, and working on concrete, masonry, steel, wood, and pre-cast erecting projects. They handle materials and equipment, and perform demolition, excavation and compaction activities. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Prepares site, performs groundwork and basic demolition.
- Uses scaffolding and Access equipment.
- Forms, places and finishes concrete.
- Prepares for masonry work and tends to bricklayers.
- Installs utility piping for water and sewer installations.
- Installs roadwork components.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.