BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, ON, PE, QC, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN installs, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, services and repairs industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical controls. Their work includes equipment or components directly or indirectly exposed to electrical power, such as motors, generators, pumps and lighting systems. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Installs and maintains generating, distribution and service systems.
- Installs and maintains wiring systems.
- Installs and maintains rotating and non-rotating equipment and control systems.
- Installs and Maintain signalling and communication systems.
- Installs and Maintains process control systems.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.