AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
INDUSTRICAL MECHANIC (MILLWRIGHT) works on industrial machinery and mechanical equipment and components. This equipment may include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel, lubrication, cooling, and exhaust systems. They work on components, including pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, presses, generators, and pneumatic and hydraulic controls. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Performs rigging, hoisting/lifting and moving.
- Services mechanical power transmission components and systems.
- Services material handling / Process systems and fluid power systems.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance, commissioning and decommissioning.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.