AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
INSULATOR (HEAT AND FROST) work with insulating material to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, cold, vapour, moisture, sound, or fire. They install, repair, and maintain insulating materials used on systems and equipment as well as for walls, floors, and ceilings of buildings. They may also lay out and fabricate parts on-site or remove or seal off old insulation. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Performs insdustrial applications.
- Performs commercial applications.
- Performs applications common to industrial and commercial systems.
- Performs specialized applications: spray sealers, coatings, fireproofing, refractory and cryogenic systems.
- Performs asbestos, lead and mould abatement.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.