BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, ON, PE
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
IRONWORKER (GENERALIST) installs structural/ornamental steel components, precast concrete members and glued laminate timber products, and place reinforcing steel in commercial, industrial, institutional and large residential buildings, towers, bridges and stadiums. They also erect pre-engineered buildings and ornamental ironwork. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Selects rigging equipment and uses hoisting and lifting equipment.
- Selects, assembles, disassembles and erects cranes and components.
- Fabricates on-site and installs reinforcing material.
- Places pre-stresses / post-tensioning systems.
- Erects, Installs and Assembles structures, ornamental and conveyors.
- Maintains, Repairs and Upgrades components.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.