AB, BC, NB, NL, NS, ON, PE, QC, SK
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
IRONWORKERS (REINFORCING) cut, bend, lay out, place and weld reinforcing steel rods, welded wire fabric and composite materials in a wide variety of poured concrete products and structures such as buildings, highways, bridges, stadiums and towers. They also place and stress various post-tensioning systems in structures such as parking garages, bridges and stadiums. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Uses, maintains and inspects rigging equipment.
- Uses, maintains and inspects hoisting equipment.
- Selects, assembles, disassembles and erects cranes and components.
- Prepares, cuts and installs reinforcing material.
- Places pre-stressed / post-tensioning systems.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.