AB, NB, NL, NS, ON, PE, QC, SK
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
IRONWORKERS (STRUCTURAL/ORNAMENTAL) install and reinforce structural/ornamental steel components, precast structural concrete members and glued laminate timber products in commercial, industrial, institutional, and large residential buildings, towers, bridges and stadiums. They erect pre-engineered buildings and ornamental ironwork. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Selects rigging equipment and uses hoisting and lifting.
- Assembles, erects and disassembles cranes.
- Installs structural and ornamental components and systems.
- Maintains and repairs structural, mechanical and miscellaneous components.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.