AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YK
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
MACHINIST set up and machine using conventional, portable and Computer Numerical Control machines that cut or grind metal and other materials into products with precise dimensions. These machines include lathes, milling machines, saws, grinding machines, drilling machines, boring machines, line borers and portable milling machines. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Performs benchwork: hand processes and refurbishing of components.
- Sets up and operates power saws.
- Sets up and operates drill presses, lathes, conventional milling and grinding machines.
- Performs CNC programming in machines.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.