AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
PLUMBER installs, repairs and maintains plumbing fixtures and systems such as water, hydronic, drain, waste and vent (DWV), low-pressure steam, residential fire, chemical, and irrigation. They also install specialized systems such as medical gas, process piping, compressed air, water conditioners, fuel piping, sewage and water treatment, and storage and flow equipment. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Prepares and assembles pipes
- Installs, tests and services:
- Sewers, sewage treatment and drainage, waste and vent systems.
- Water service and distribution.
- Fixtures, appliances and water treatment systems.
- Low pressure steam and hyrdronic heating and cooling systems.
- Fire protection systems.
- Specialized plumbing systems.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.