AB, BC, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
POWERLINE TECHNICIAN constructs, operates, maintains and repairs the overhead and underground electrical transmission and distribution systems. They erect and maintain poles and structures. They also install, maintain and repair overhead and underground powerlines and cables. They splice and terminate conductors and related wiring to connect power distribution and transmission networks. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Installs pole and steel lattice structures.
- Installs conductor systems: overhead and underground / underwater.
- Installs auxiliary equipment: lighting systems, voltage control, protection, and metering equipment and communication devices.
- Performs operation, maintenance and repair.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.