AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
ROOFER installs, repairs and replaces flat and sloped roofs. They work with membrane roofing systems that consist of a variety of materials with different application methods. They also install, replace and repair shingles, slate, shakes, roofing tiles, sheet metal and other preformed sheeting on sloped roofs. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Prepares roof and deck.
- Installs low slope roofing components and membranes.
- Installs steep slope roofing.
- Waterproofs and damp-proofs surfaces.
- Assesses, Maintains and Repairs roof.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.