AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
SHEET METAL WORKER design, fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal products. In fabrication work, sheet metal workers lay out and measure pieces to specifications. They cut and shape material and assemble and join the pieces with various techniques such as welding and using mechanical fasteners. Performing Tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Performs fabrication: sheet metal components.
- Installs air and material handling systems.
- Installs roofing and specialty products.
- Performs maintenance and repair of systems and components.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.