AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
LOCATIONS DESIGNATED RED SEAL
Median wage in Canada
STEAMFITTER/PIPEFITTER ay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain, repair and service equipment and piping systems carrying water, steam, fluids, gases, chemicals and fuel. This includes heating, cooling, lubricating and process piping systems. Performing tasks:
- Performs safety-related functions and common occupational skills.
- Performs layout, fabrication and piping installation
- Performs rigging, hoisting, lifting and positioning.
- Installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs:
- Low and high-pressure steam and condensate systems.
- Heating, Cooling and process pipping systems.
- Renewable Energy Systems.
ABOUT RED SEAL TRADES
The Red Seal Program, formally known as the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, is a program that sets common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada. The industry is heavily involved in developing the national standard for each trade. It is a partnership between the federal government, provinces, and territories responsible for apprenticeship training and trade certification in their jurisdictions.